3.2. Mirroring your Screen
Whenever you connect to a SmartBoard, projector or monitor, you can change how you show your MacBook screen. Follow the steps below to see how in Monterey!
1. Turn on the SmartBoard, projector or monitor.
2. Connect your MacBook. Many spaces in Brentwood School have a connection ready for you to plug into.
The most common connection is a black USB-C cable as seen below.
3. Login into your MacBook. Your MacBook must be powered on for the image to appear.
4. Clicking on the "command" and F1 keys together will quickly toggle between dual monitor or extended display and mirrored display.
On your Desktop, go to the top right corner. Next to the date and time, click on the two sliding buttons.
This is called the Control Center or Action Center. You can find many useful controls in this menu.
5. In the Control Center menu, click on Screen Mirroring
6. Click on Display Preferences.
Note: This is a list of devices you can use Airplay to mirror your screen. Airplay uses your Wi-Fi connection to wirelessly connect to a display.
Make sure you are on the Fac/Staff Wi-fi in order to successfully use Airplay. If you do not see your SmartBoard listed, try turning your Wi-Fi off and then on again. This helps your MacBook refresh the list of connections it can see wirelessly.
7. In the bottom left, click on "Display Settings".
Note: you can mirror your screen by holding the Option key down and then clicking and dragging the screens over each other.
8. Under "Resolution", click on "Scaled". The second option to the right is the recommended size but choose what best fits your needs.
9. Click Done
If you require further assistance, please contact the Helpdesk at 310-889-2734 or submit a request on help.bwscampus.com.