Home → Software → Zoom → Chromebook A/V Issues
12.5. Chromebook A/V Issues
Raise and lower your microphone or speaker volume.
- Click on the status area (bottom right corner of the screen where you see your time).
- Change the speaker volume to the desired level by adjusting the slider, left or right.
- Change your mic level by clicking on the arrow next to the volume slider.
- A window will pop up that shows input and output. Under Input, move the mic slider to your desired level.
Test your Microphone.
- Go to this website and click "Allow" to Start Mic Test".
Click record to test your sound recording or simply talk to see if your mic is detected.
Test your Camera.
- Go to this website and click "Allow" to start the test
You should now see yourself if successful
Testing your Audio (Speakers).
- Please go to this YouTube Video and listen to the audio.
- Make sure volume is raised to your desired level as shown in the hardware troubleshooting steps above.
If your microphone failed testing, you can not see yourself when testing your camera, or you can not hear the audio from the youtube video on your Chromebook. You may have a hardware issue with the camera, mic, or speakers. If you have not done so, please submit a support request.
ZOOM MICROPHONE AND AUDIO SETTINGS
While in a Zoom meeting, click on the up arrow next to the MIC icon. Settings should be as follows:
- Choose same as System (Default - Internal Mic)
- You should always use internal mic unless you have a microphone connected (BT or Wired)
- i.e. Wireless headsets or AirPods (check to see if they are muted)