- 1. Google Drive
- 2. Account Management
- 3. Troubleshooting
- 4. SPAM Emails
1. Google Drive
1.1. Upload and share video to Google Drive
Video files in Google Drive
Google Drive gives you control over all of your file types in a single place, including video files. With Google Drive, you can:
- Sync or upload video files up to 5 TB in size (limited by available storage space)
- Sync or upload video files in the following formats:
◦ .WebM files (Vp8 video codec; Vorbis Audio codec)
◦ .MPEG4, 3GPP and MOV files - (h264 and mpeg4 video codecs; AAC audio codec)
◦ .AVI (MJPEG video codec; PCM audio)
◦ .MPEGPS (MPEG2 video codec; MP2 audio)
◦ .FLV (Adobe - FLV1 video codec, MP3 audio)
2. Account Management
2.1. First Time Logging In
To log into Gmail for the first time, please follow these steps:
1. Visit bwscampus.onelogin.com
2. Type in your username which is your full BWS email, for example firstname.lastname@example.org. Your password is temporary and you will be asked to change it. Click Continue.
3. Type in the current temporary password from Step 2 and type in your new password.
Note: Your new password must be at least 5 characters long. However, we recommend setting a password with at least 8 characters and to include a mix of numbers and symbols. Never share your password with other people.
4. Click on Gsuite
5. You are in!
After you log into Gmail, you will be able to log into Schoology and Eagle Eye using your full bwscampus.com email and password.
If you are a student and need to change your password, please submit a request on help.bwscampus.com.
If you are Faculty or Staff, please follow this Knowledgebase or submit a helpdesk request.
2.2. Reset your Password
If you forgot your Gmail password or want to reset it, follow the instructions below!
Please note: if you are a current student, please reach out to Helpdesk to reset your Gmail password by submitting a request on help.bwscampus.com.
1. Visit bwscampus.onelogin.com
2. Click on Forgot Password?
3. Type in your full BWS email address. Click Continue
4. Select your Authentication Factor.
If you do not have your Authentication Factor (MFA or Multi-factor Authentication) set up on your account, you will receive an error at this step. Please follow these steps to learn more.
5. After successfully completing your selected Authentication Factor, reset your password. Click Submit.
Please note: your new password should be at least 8 characters long. We recommend using a mix of letters and numbers. Do not share your BWS email password with others.
9. After you change your password, log in with your full BWS email address and your new password.
If you have any issues changing your passwords, please submit a Helpdesk ticket on help.bwscampus.com.
2.3. Removing Contacts
In order to remove specific email addresses or contacts from Gmail, you must delete the contact from your Gmail account's Contact list.
Follow the steps below to do so.
- Click on the Google Apps list in Gmail
2. In the Apps list, click on Contacts
3. In Contacts, search for the email or contact you wish to remove
4. To delete, click on the three dots next to the pencil. Click Delete.
5. Click Delete one more time.
That email or contact will no longer show up in your contact list.
2.4. Google Takeout to Export or Transfer Files
- How long do you have access to your bwscampus.com email and Google Drive items?
Your bwscampus.com email account (with access to your Google Drive items) will be disabled on the final day of your employment.
- STUDENTS- Seniors will have until Oct. 31st following graduation and any other students leaving BWS will have until July 31st.
- How long do you have access to your files on the Brentwood School network (i.e. P drive and class folders)?
You will be able to login to the Brentwood School Network and access your files until your final day of employment. If you want a copy of your files, make sure to bring a portable hard drive or thumb drive to school before your final day of employment so you can copy your files.
- Are you able to transfer your bwscampus.com email and Google Drive items to your personal Gmail account?
Yes, you are able to transfer all of your email and Google Drive items to a personal Gmail account by using one of the two methods documented at this link. Whichever method you choose, it is IMPORTANT that you understand that a typical, personal Gmail account only gives you 5GB of storage space.
Your bwscampus.com account has unlimited storage space so you have to check to make sure you have enough room in your personal account to transfer your bwscampus.com items. If you aren't sure how much space you are occupying, just scroll to the bottom of your bwscampus.com email screen and look on the left side.
It looks like this:
3.1. Chrome freezes when trying to print from Google Drive
If you are using Google Chrome and it runs slowly or freezes or seems to cause your computer to freeze, this can be due to too many open Google Drive tabs.
Be sure to close Google Drive and Google Drive docs when not in use to preserve system resources and to avoid page errors.
Downloading copies of the docs to your computer and printing locally is also helpful.
3.2. Mail "Loading" Error
When using Mozilla Firefox, you may see an issue after you send an e-mail, the yellow "Loading..." status appears and never goes away, possibly leaving mail unable to be sent.
This issue is caused from the "Send in Background" Lab in GMail. To resolve this issue, please disbale this Lab in your Mail Settings.
4. SPAM Emails
4.1. Mark as SPAM
If you have received an e-mail that is SPAM, or a suspected phishing attempt, please immediately mark the email as SPAM. To do this you will need to select the email from your inbox and choose the mark as spam button, pictured below, located next to the archive and delete options. This will remove the email from your inbox, and help Gmail learn to block similar emails in the future.
Reply to the email
Click on any links in the email
Download/Open any attachments
Provide any credentials (username/password) or account information